Monday, January 9, 2012

Fatherhood Art

My best sculpture yet, although it's an on-going collaborative project:


I've been collecting some work that seems to somehow resonate with the adventure of fatherhood.  Other than that similarity between them, I'm not sure what all these pieces may say in aggregate -- perhaps it will require another few years (or decades) of collecting to find the themes they share.

A photo of my Grandfather and namesake on his ranch in Waco, TX by Michael Norman.

A print by Jonathon Baker of SLC.  jonathonbaker.blogspot.com
A block print by Kurt Gross.

Another block print I got at the SLC Gallery Roll by M. Delforto.  http://www.galleryroll.com/

Photo by Zak Elstein.


Photo by Gentry Underwood.  http://photo.gentry.io/grownups/

1 comment:

classiccrafter said...

Love the sculpture, touches the heart. Your grandfather was my uncle, your mother is my cousin. i have followed you for a while now and appreciate your talent. Enjoy fatherhood to the fullest with your precious little one.