Saturday, June 9, 2012

CSU MFA exhibit

Got the chance to see CSU's Master of Fine Arts Thesis exhibit a few days ago. If you're in the N Colorado/ Ft Collins area, I recommend checking it out.

There was one artist in particular I especially liked: Eli Marco Hall, who did a video series that depicted his use of typography on various public spaces. He use shadows on walls, rocks, even firearm pock marks in concrete to illustrate several personally relevant phrases ('you're not me', 'cancer consumed her', etc). The best part wasn't the design of the typeface or the sayings themselves, but the theater of their production and disintegration caught on time-lapse film. Seeing the film in the gallery gave me a perspective that I wouldn't have gotten if I saw the work in person, or even it's construction real-time.

Unfortunately, I couldn't take photos in the gallery so you'll have to see it in person.

No comments: